Roar... tiger-like

By: Mrs. Swarr
I was going to write a nice long story about Halloween, but when it comes down to it, this is all there was:
  • Mommy works on tiger costume for days
  • Family walks in Mt Gretna parade on Monday, during which there is a torrential downpour and said costume is all but ruined. Trick-or-treat night? Wednesday. I have 1 evening to remake Tiger.
  • Tiger shabbily remade, trick-or-treating a success despite crazed rush from Lancaster to Morgantown.

He knocked on the doors and said trick-or-treat all by himself



Post trick-or-treating:
  • Declan learns he is not allowed to eat 3 lbs of candy at 8:30pm, even if he did just work for every piece of it.
  • Our beautiful 2 year old magically transforms into a raging, screaming, spitting, writhing mass of evil.
  • Said mass of evil is forcibly strapped to car seat (give me a break - I could have lost a limb) and proceeds to scream the entire 40 minute ride home.

I think he fell asleep at some point that night, but I've erased the majority of the event from my now frail mind.

Next year we'll give him door duty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a really nice tail he has...

The Swarrs... said...

Oh yeah. Daddy sewed the tail. Credit where credit is due.

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall "Leaf Boy" had the same reaction. Like father, like son!!

Anonymous said...

roar indeed. :-)

Lamar The Revenger said...

great... more pain to look forward to. hey declan, be glad your parents aren't like my brother and sister-in-law... if they even let my niece go trick-or-treating, she gets one piece of candy and the rest goes to my brother. and she's 9 years old!