By: Mrs. Swarr
I was going to write a nice long story about Halloween, but when it comes down to it, this is all there was:
- Mommy works on tiger costume for days
- Family walks in Mt Gretna parade on Monday, during which there is a torrential downpour and said costume is all but ruined. Trick-or-treat night? Wednesday. I have 1 evening to remake Tiger.
- Tiger shabbily remade, trick-or-treating a success despite crazed rush from Lancaster to Morgantown.
He knocked on the doors and said trick-or-treat all by himself
- Declan learns he is not allowed to eat 3 lbs of candy at 8:30pm, even if he did just work for every piece of it.
- Our beautiful 2 year old magically transforms into a raging, screaming, spitting, writhing mass of evil.
- Said mass of evil is forcibly strapped to car seat (give me a break - I could have lost a limb) and proceeds to scream the entire 40 minute ride home.
I think he fell asleep at some point that night, but I've erased the majority of the event from my now frail mind.
Next year we'll give him door duty.